Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Cross My Heart & Hope To Spy and Elegy


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, be it physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Tynga publishes her post each Saturday, so be sure to link up your posts and check out what books others have added to their shelves that week.

This week was a little different for me because I am on vacation and needed to make sure my Nook had enough material to keep me busy during 2 lengthy flights and a train ride.  I am traveling from the US to Europe with just a carry on bag and a personal item, so extra books are not really an option.    

Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy by Ally Carter (Gallagher Girls #2):

I read the first book in this series earlier this year, so I downloaded this ebook from the library.  

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)
Goodreads Overview:
Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a series of security breaches are discovered at the academy. Worse yet, teenage agent-in-training Cammie is being blamed for the penetration. With the school's top-secret status at risk, the Gallagher Girls have to work quickly to save their beloved school




Elegy by Tara Hudson (Hereafter #3):

Elegy (Hereafter #3)I have been wanting to finish this series since I finished reading the second book over a year ago.  I was ecstatic when I received an ARC at RT and was able to get Tara to autograph it.  Unfortunately, I've been too busy with blog tours, read alongs, and other books on my TBR list.  Now that I finally have time to read it, I couldn't fit it in my carry on bag.  Thankfully the library had an electronic version available.    

Goodreads Overview:
A stalker ghost, misguided Seers, and spellbinding wraiths—Amelia Ashley has faced them all. Now her greatest hope is to spend the rest of her afterlife with her living boyfriend, Joshua. But the demonic forces return to give her an ultimatum: turn herself over to the darkness or watch them murder one living person per week until she does.

Amelia fears she might really be doomed, until the forces of light give her another option. She can join them in their quest to gather souls, with a catch: Once she joins them, she can never see Joshua again.

Faced with impossible choices, Amelia decides to take her afterlife into her own hands—and fight back.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Ally Carter's books. I hear they're good though! I hope you enjoy your books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ally Carter's Heist Society books, but I never got into the Gallagher series. I need to remedy that. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the last book in the Gallagher Girls series. I don't know when I'll get a chance to read it. I have lots of review books I need to read first. Come and see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy last week, (I think.) It was good. I've only read Hereafter, I need to catch up! Hope you enjoy them! :)

    Heres my StS

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete