Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stacking The Shelves: United We Spy/Captive/Fangirl/Spiral Bound Brother


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, be it physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Tynga publishes her post each Saturday, so be sure to link up your posts and check out what books others have added to their shelves that week.

Purchased:

I just finished reading the second book in the Gallagher Girls series, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy.  I already own books 3, 4 and 5 and couldn't resist purchasing this one as well.  







From Netgalley:

Captive: The Forbidden Side of Nightshade
I loved the Nightshade series, so I was super excited to hear that Andrea Cremer was writing a book for adults that is set in the Nightshade world.  She is publishing them under a different name, A.D. Robertson, to help differentiate the YA from the Adult books.  

This is my first book from Netgalley....and I doubt it will be the last.  From what I have seen, the site is very addicting.   

From the Library:


My fellow Book Nerd, Flo, selected this for our October read along.  As soon as she emailed me her selection, I requested it from the library.  I was 48th on the waiting list, so I was pretty sure I was going to have to buy the ebook if I wanted to finish it in time for our review.  Somehow...I made it to the top of the list already.  As soon as I finish reading The Dream Thieves, I will be starting Fangirl.



Review Copy from Novel Publicity

Spiral Bound BrotherThis book is not like most of the books I read, but for some reason the description caught my attention.  I will post my review on November 21st as part of a review tour.

Goodreads Overview:

Craft, 47, has always craved the comfort of his role as the eccentric English teacher at Earhart High in the suburbs of St. Louis. But now he finds himself in the school's library, suffering a mysterious mental paralysis that won t allow him to stop reading The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. 

Lila, 21, has a holiday-break rendezvous planned with her old mentor, Craft. Actually, Lila has many plans and they're not all nice. She's feeling more than a little betrayed and bewildered after discovering that her father is not the man her mother always said. In fact, he kills people.

Duke, 17, is a high-school dropout working in the bowels of Disney World. In his room before dawn, he stuffs essentials into a backpack, preparing to leave home for the first time. It's news to him, but he has this (disturbed?) sister, Lila, and she wants him to come to L.A. to meet her.

The altered reality Craft and these lost-and-found siblings inhabit propels them on separate journeys across America. In a landscape of angels and mirrors, allies and adversaries, Craft, Lila, and Duke converge to expose the man whose life of violence connects them. Will they find wholeness, justice, and love? Or is it all an invitation to unleash demons best left asleep?

9 comments:

  1. I also got Fangirl this week! I've already read it and it is amazeballs! I can't help fangirling over it. Happy reading!

    My STS post

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to get Fangirl as I have been seeing it everywhere. I own all the Gallagher books but have the last two still to read! Hope to get round to them soon! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many good things about Fangirl. I hope you love it too! Happy reading :)
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Fangirl so I hope you enjoy it. And I hadn't heard of Captive, but I may have to check that one out. Have fun reading and thanks for visiting! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely haul! followed you via bloglovin hope u follow back

    Stop by at mine too <3 We have tons of giveaways :)

    http://www.lite-rate-ture.com/2013/10/stacking-the-shelves-26/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing such good things about Fangirl! Definitely as book I want to read ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy Fangirl!!

      Delete
  7. Lovely haul! I also really want to read Gallagher Girls and Fangirl. Enjoy your new books!

    Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete