Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Teardrop by Lauren Kate


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Teardrop by Lauren Kate
Release Date: October 22, 2013


TeardropI'm not exactly waiting for this book because I received an advanced copy at the RT convention, but I haven't read it yet.  I was waiting until closer to the release date to start reading it.  It really isn't any fun for readers to see a 5 star review for a book they can't get for several months, so I try not to do that.

I read all of Lauren Kate's Fallen series and found it to be really slow until the final book.  I am really hoping this series takes off much faster than that.  If not, I'm not sure I will continue with the series....but I feel like I have to give it a try.

Goodreads Overview:

Never, ever cry. . . . Eureka Boudreaux's mother drilled that rule into her daughter years ago. But now her mother is gone, and everywhere Eureka goes he is there: Ander, the tall, pale blond boy who seems to know things he shouldn't, who tells Eureka she is in grave danger, who comes closer to making her cry than anyone has before.

But Ander doesn't know Eureka's darkest secret: ever since her mother drowned in a freak accident, Eureka wishes she were dead, too. She has little left that she cares about, just her oldest friend, Brooks, and a strange inheritance—a locket, a letter, a mysterious stone, and an ancient book no one understands. The book contains a haunting tale about a girl who got her heart broken and cried an entire continent into the sea. Eureka is about to discover that the ancient tale is more than a story, that Ander might be telling the truth . . . and that her life has far darker undercurrents than she ever imagined. From Lauren Kate comes an epic saga of heart-stopping romance, devastating secrets, and dark magic . . . a world where everything you love can be washed away.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks for reminding me i need to read this one asap. I've had the ARC on my shelf for so long.

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book cover is beautiful! I read Lauren Kate's Fallen Series and loved it! I can't wait to read Teardrop! Excellent WOW pick!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for this, too. I never got into her other series, but I'm always drawn to a pretty cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read any of Lauren Kate's books, but I have also heard that her Fallen series was a bit on the slow side... which makes me a bit wary about this one. But still curious! I'll be on the lookout for early reviews to see how it fares. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this book turns out to be a good start to the series too! I've seen mixed reviews, so I'll be curious as to what you think!

    ReplyDelete