Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stacking the Shelves:The Academy First Days


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, be it physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Tynga publishes her post each Saturday, so be sure to link up your posts and check out what books others have added to their shelves that week.

Ebooks Purchased:

I read The Academy Introductions and HAD to find out what happens next.  I loved the characters, but there is A LOT more to this story that still needs to be discovered.  For starters, what sort of school is The Academy?  Hopefully I will know the answer to this question in the very near future.

Goodreads Overview:

Sang Sorenson used to be the invisible girl in class. As a new student to Ashley Waters High School, Sang hopes that her new friends will be the change she’s been craving and will make fitting in a breeze.

But Academy students aren’t there to take it easy. The high school is overcrowded and rife with violence. When fights begin, Sang will uncover the true reason the boys traded in their private school life for a public one. 

This year, Sang will no longer be invisible. This year, Sang is a target.

The principal and vice principal are hot to take Sang down, and her own mother is determined to entrap Sang forever in her belief that the safest place to be is in the shadows. Despite this, Nathan, Luke, Kota, North, Silas, Victor, and Gabriel will discover Sang’s unyielding loyalty.

And they will sorely need it.

The Academy, supremely influential.

If you enjoyed Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard or the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, you may enjoy this series.


7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book! I do enjoy the occasional Academy-based book. I liked Kara Taylor's Prep School Confidential series! But I have not read the Pretty Little Liars or Gallagher Girls series. WAIT. I might have read one or two of the Gallgher Girls series. Or maybe not. O_O

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that the introductions was free on amazon. Thought about grabbing it, but I didn't. At least I dont think I did. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Introductions truly is an introduction to all of the characters. I really liked getting all of the background information and look forward to reading the next book in the series. I picked up Introductions for free on Netgalley. It is definitely worth reading.

      Delete
  3. I also have this on my STS. I'm glad I got it for free on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good book! I hope you enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this one before, but it sounds good! Hope you enjoy it! :0

    New follower! :)

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate
    my StS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of this but I love the look of it! I hope you enjoy it. My STS.

    ReplyDelete