Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Review: Body & Soul by Stacey Kade


Body & Soul is the third and final book in the Ghost and the Goth series.  I was not aware of this series until I went to the 2012 RT Convention and Stacey read a portion of Body & Soul at one of the author speed reading sessions.  I absolutely LOVED her spirit and energy during the reading, even though she was obviously sick at the time.  Over the past couple of years I read The Ghost and the Goth and Queen of the Dead.  You can click on the links for my reviews.

Body and Soul picks up where Queen of the Dead left off.  Alona is stuck in Lily Turner's body and she has no idea how to get out.  She convinces Lily's family to call her Ally because she can't pull off being the real Lily.  She doesn't have any of Lily's memories and she needs to establish herself as her own person while she and Will try to resolve this situation.

As part of their investigation, they seek the help of a psychic named Edmond.  It doesn't take Will and Ally long to realize their isn't anything "magnificent" about Edmond, but for some reason he is able to communicate with one ghost.  His twin sister Erin is haunting him and has her eyes set on becoming Will's spirit guide now that Alona has moved into the light....or so she thinks.

This was an adorable series that I hate to see come to a close.  I am definitely happy with how it ended, but I think there was potential for another book...or at least a short story.  Both Will and Alona have come a LONG way since the beginning of this series.  He is far more confident and assertive and she is now acting like a "real" person.  She no longer has to pretend to be someone she isn't.  She has a family who loves her and Will is the true friend and boyfriend she never had when she was Alona.

I would love to know more about Ally and Will's activities after she graduates from high school. Stacey did give us a teaser at the very end of the book that I wish she would have expanded upon.  It actually sounded like a brilliant idea for a final book in this series.   Unfortunately, that will not be the case.  

Stacey does, however, have another book being released April 22nd. The Hunt is the second book in her Project Paper Doll series. I loved the first book, The Rules, and will be anxiously counting down the days until I can add The Hunt to my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment