Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Torn Away by Jennifer Brown




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  

Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
Release Date: May 6, 2014

I met Jennifer at the RT convention last year.  I was very impressed with her during the author speed dating session, but I wasn't sure her books would be for me because they all deal with difficult subjects.  I decided to read Bitter End, which is about an abusive relationship, and really enjoyed it.  The book was very well written and by the end I felt like it was a book all young adults should read.  It was very educational and would be a great way for teachers to facilitate a discussion.  

Here is my review of Bitter End.

Her latest book is already receiving great reviews and I can't wait to read it.

Goodreads Overview: 

Torn AwayBorn and raised in the Midwest, Jersey Cameron knows all about tornadoes. Or so she thinks. When her town is devastated by a twister, Jersey survives -- but loses her mother, her young sister, and her home. As she struggles to overcome her grief, she's sent to live with her only surviving relatives: first her biological father, then her estranged grandparents.

In an unfamiliar place, Jersey faces a reality she's never considered before -- one in which her mother wasn't perfect, and neither were her grandparents, but they all loved her just the same. Together, they create a new definition of family. And that's something no tornado can touch.



2 comments:

  1. I think this sounds good, but I think I'm too much of a wimp to read it. It just sounds so sad. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great, touching read. I haven't read from this author before.

    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-26-nash.html

    ReplyDelete