Monday, July 7, 2014

Marathon Monday: Fourth of July 5K - Bristol, VT


 My 9 year-old son and I ran a 5K in Bristol, VT on the Fourth of July.  I finished the first mile in 8:49, which was my fastest mile ever.  I was trying to keep up with Preston, but decided I couldn't keep up that pace if I wanted to finish without walking.  I slowed down a little and was sure he would eventually run out of gas.  Of course, that didn't happen.

I had a personal record for my 5K with a time of 28:46, but Preston finished in 27:58.  Now he wants me to sign him up for the 4 miler I'm running in September so he can school me again.  Clearly he takes after his Dad who finishes a full marathon in under three hours.  I'm just trying to finish my half marathon in less than 2:15:00.  Jay and Preston are all about trying to win.  I have more of a slow and steady approach and just try to improve with each race.






No comments:

Post a Comment