Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Heir of Fire by Sarah Maas


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  

Heir of Fire by Sarah Maas
Release Date: September 2, 2014

I haven't started this series YET, but my blog partner Flo felt it was worth standing in line for over 2 hours at BEA to pick up an ARC of Heir of Fire.  I've finished three series so far this year and have a few others I will complete before the end of the year.  I love reading a series from start to finish without waiting a year between books, so I will probably start this series shortly before the release.  I've been playing the waiting game with SO many series since I started blogging that it is nice to stumble across a great series after it is already complete.  Hopefully this will be one of those instances.  

Goodreads Overview:

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you that I have read the first two books in this series and loved the two previous book. I hope to read Heir of Fire soon.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it. I did pick up a cool tote bag at BEA with the character names on one side and a logo on the other. I figured I would want it once I read the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO READY FOR THIS ONE. It seems like everyone has a copy already and september feels so far away! :)

    Here's my wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series yet either although I also have the books. I hope we both love them. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete