Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: All Broke Down by Cora Carmack


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  

All Broke Down by Cora Carmack
Release Date: October 28, 2014

I just discovered Cora Carmack earlier this year.  I've read and LOVED Losing It, Faking It, and Keeping Her.  I already have copies of Finding It and All Lined Up sitting on my desk waiting to be read, which I plan on doing before the release of this book.  

All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)Goodreads Overview: 

In life, you can't only fight for what you believe in . . .sometimes you have to fight for what you love

Dylan fights for lost causes. Probably because she used to be one.

Environmental issues, civil rights, education—you name it, she's probably been involved in a protest. When her latest cause lands her in jail for a few hours, she meets Silas Moore. He's in for a different kind of fighting. And though he's arrogant and not at all her type, she can't help being fascinated with him.

Yet another lost cause.

Football and trouble are the only things that have ever come naturally to Silas. And it's trouble that lands him in a cell next to do-gooder Dylan. He's met girls like her before—fixers, he calls them, desperate to heal the damage and make him into their ideal boyfriend. But he doesn't think he's broken, and he definitely doesn't need a girlfriend trying to change him. Until, that is, his anger issues and rash decisions threaten the only thing he really cares about, his spot on the Rusk University football team.

Dylan might just be the perfect girl to help.

Because Silas Moore needs some fixing after all.

 

5 comments:

  1. Confession, I've never read anything by this author even though several of her books are on my TBR pile. Maybe this will be the one I pick up! Nice WoW this week!


    My WoW

    Diayll Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little leery of the Losing It series, but I ended up giving both of the books I've read so far 5 stars. You should definitely give it a try. Start with Losing It. I LOVED the main characters and even though Faking It is a companion novel...it takes place after Losing It. You will want the background information.

      Delete
  2. I've read Faking It and it was a really good book. Maybe I'm going to read this one too.

    My WoW
    Kat @ Reading Owls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the second book in the series. You will probably want to read All Lined Up first. If you liked Faking It, you should really read Losing It. It takes place before Faking It and was just as good if not better than Faking It...IMO.

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete