Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stacking the Shelves: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, be it physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Tynga publishes her post each Saturday, so be sure to link up your posts and check out what books others have added to their shelves that week.

Books I Traded:

We have a Free Little Library at a couple of the elementary schools near my house.  The schools started the program at the beginning of the summer and I think the parents are just as excited about it as the students.  This week I traded one of my read books for Ender's Game.  I'm not sure if this one will be for me or not, but several people have told me to read it.  It has been on my TBR list since before the movie was released in 2013, so I figured it was a sign that I should give it a try when it was in the Little Library.

Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet, #1)

8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of trading books....I have been purging a lot lately, but rather than buy new books, trading sounds like a good plan.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great concept. I get a ton of free books at conventions that I will read, review, and then they collect dust in my home office. This is a great way to pass on the books to others who can read them and get some new books in the process.

      Delete
  2. I tried it...it wasn't for me (DNF), but hopefully you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I have to give it a try after my co-worker recommended it multiple times. If it doesn't work out...I will simply put it back in the Little Library and take something else.

      Delete
  3. I kind of keep meaning to read that one. We'll see. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trading books seems like a good idea, but you have to be careful with whom you trade with. My brother said he loved this book.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Free Library is a closed box that reminds me of a bird house. If you put a book in...you can take one out. It is a great way to get rid of books you will probably never read again and get some new ones. Since there is no intention of getting a book back, you don't need to worry about what someone may do to it.

      Delete
  5. Ender's Game is one of my favorite books. I really enjoyed the movie too. Have an awesome week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete