Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Release Date: October 6, 2015

I've read Fangirl, Landline, and Eleanor & Park and really enjoyed all of them.  Rainbow's books are an automatic addition to my TBR list as soon as I see there is a new one scheduled to be released.  Attachments is already on my TBR list, which I plan on reading before the release of Carry On.

Goodreads Overview: 

Carry OnRainbow Rowell continues to break boundaries with Carry On, an epic fantasy following the triumphs and heartaches of Simon and Baz from her beloved bestseller Fangirl.

Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest, and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he’ll be safe. Simon can’t even enjoy the fact that his roommate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can’t stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you’re the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savor anything.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in Carry On, but I haven't read Fangirl yet. I hope you enjoy the book! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Fangirl, need to try to read it this summer. This one sounds really good too! Guess it is going on my TBR on Goodreads!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Fangirl. It is probably my favorite of Rainbow's books so far.

      Delete
  3. I loved Fangirl but haven't had a chance to read her other books. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for this !! so much fangirling!! I loved fan girl XD

    Maura @ Monsterofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read a Rainbow Rowell book so badly! Hopefully this is as good as I've heard all her other stuff is. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete