Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas
Release Date: September 15, 2015

After reading the first book in the Splintered series by A.G. Howard, which is based upon Alice in Wonderland, I thought this Cinderella story sounded like a great read.  It seems like there are more and more books coming out with new twists on old fairy tails.  I just hope it doesn't become so common that it loses its appeal.  

Ash & BrambleGoodreads Overview: 

When the glass slipper just doesn’t fit…

The tale of Cinderella has been retold countless times. But what you know is not the true story.

Pin has no recollection of who she is or how she got to the Godmother’s fortress. She only knows that she is a Seamstress, working day in and out to make ball gowns fit for fairy tales. But she longs to forsake her backbreaking servitude and dares to escape with the brave young Shoemaker.

Pin isn’t free for long before she’s captured again and forced to live the new life the Godmother chooses for her—a fairy tale story, complete with a charming prince—instead of finding her own happily ever after.

Sarah Prineas’s bold fairy tale retelling is a dark and captivating world where swords are more fitting than slippers, young shoemakers are just as striking as princes, and a heroine is more than ready to rescue herself before the clock strikes midnight.

10 comments:

  1. I've got an egalley of this and can't wait till I can get to it! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of fantasy or fairy tale retellings. I've seen this on egalley but I never got it. You should check out Edelweiss if you have an acct there! I hope you get this book soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Edelweiss and Netgalley account, but I next to never use them. I have reviewed 100% of the books I have requested, but it adds a lot of stress when you HAVE to review a book. I prefer waiting until it comes out or getting an ARC from the publisher or at a convention.

      Delete
  3. This one does sound good. I love the cover!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one around quite a bit lately and it just sounds super interesting. I, too, eagerly await for this one. great pick!

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-court-of-fives.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, I will have to add it to my TBR!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I am looking forward to this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cover! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I'm a huge fan of fairy-tale retellings and "Ash & Bramble" seems a good story. I've been looking forward this book for a really long time. I can't wait it for it to be released.

    Happy readings! :)

    ReplyDelete