Thursday, November 19, 2015

Creativity Corner: Adult Coloring Books


My 10 year-old son is very crafty and enjoys all forms of art.  I decided to start this Creativity Corner feature as a way for us to look back on our projects while sharing ideas with others.

Preston and I decided to jump on the adult coloring book craze.

I completed the following this week from Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford.
I used my Prismacolor set of 132 pencils.


Preston completed the following page from Birds - A Mindful Coloring Book by Georgie Woolridge
He used his set of 64 Crayola colored pencils.


The fun thing about this bird book is that it contains a variety of unusual birds that we don't usually see living in Ohio...unless they are at the zoo.  The opposite page tells you about the bird, so it is educational.  He googled this picture of a mandarin duck, so he would know how to color it.


I think he did an excellent job!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment