Saturday, May 21, 2016

Stacking the Shelves at BEA and BookCon


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, be it physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Tynga publishes her post each Saturday, so be sure to link up your posts and check out what books others have added to their shelves that week.

BEA and BookCon

As you may have seen from my posts earlier in the week, I had a pretty successful trip to BEA and BookCon.  I had to buy the Richelle Mead and Ransom Riggs books for them to sign, but the rest were free from the publishers. 







I bought Carry On and The Nightingale for less than half the cover price, but the rest of the books were free from the publishers.


I really didn't need any more tote bags, but I couldn't pass up these cute freebies.  


When I was at the Harry Potter Park at Universal I tried to find a cute souvenir, but I couldn't find anything that wasn't ridiculously priced.  I found this shirt at BEA and thought it was perfect...and it was less than half the price of a t-shirt at the park :)


The following is a photo of the souvenirs I brought home for my eleven year-old son.  He specifically asked for a signed copy of Dav Pilkey's new book, so of course I HAD to make that happen.  I bough my little Slytherin his house stationary/journal/wax stamp set since it was half off and came with the Harry Potter sticker book.  I also got a deal on the Waterlife adult coloring book.  By the last day of the show it was marked down from $14 to $5. He loves his bird book like this, so I couldn't pass it up. Dog Man, The Gauntlet, and The Great Shelby Holmes were all free from the publishers.


8 comments:

  1. Nice haul, Jacque :) You got some very nice-looking books last week, and I hope you'll enjoy them all.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I definitely need to get my butt to BEA one of these years. So many good looking titles! I can't wait to read Heatless and Replica. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some wonderful books at BEA. I really enjoyed the Glittering Court. It looks like you got some wonderful finds.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEA sounds like so much fun! I can't wait for Glittering Court. Heartless sounds so good! Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh these all look so amazing!!!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I loved the BEA experience too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely haul! I'm glad you enjoyed BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul. I think I need to hit BEA next year... hopefully its not too close to RT. Happy reading!
    Bambi's StS and Recap

    ReplyDelete