Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Plan to Read at the Pool this Summer

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top Ten Books I Plan to Read at the Pool this Summer

I don't really live in an area with many beaches, but I do enjoy spending time at the pool during the summer.  These aren't all "beach reads", but here is a list of books I hope to complete over the summer.

Summer Days and Summer Nights

Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories

Invaded by Melissa Landers

Invaded (Alienated, #2)

Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
This is our Book Nerds Read Along for June.

Last Seen Leaving

The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner
I'm participating in a binge read of this entire series in anticipation of the release of The Fever Code, which is a full length prequel being released September 27th.

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

The Crown by Kiera Cass

The Crown (The Selection, #5)

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)

Elegy by Tara Hudson
I have been wanting to finish this series for a LONG time.

Elegy (Hereafter #3)

Until the Beginning by Amy Plum
This is another book that has been sitting on my TBR shelf for far too long.

Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
I finished the Vampire Academy series last year, so it is time to start the Bloodlines series.

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)

10 comments:

  1. Oh you've got some really good books here. I LOVED Cress. Really liked the Bloodlines series, but book 1 was a little slow for me. The Raven King and The Crown are both on my TBR list. I need to get them both ASAP! Great picks!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read The Selection so far but I really want to read all the rest of the books in the series! And I've heard so many good things about the Lunar Chronicles, but I haven't started the series yet. I have so many other partially finished series I need to wrap up first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand being caught in the middle of a series. I have several I would like to finish before starting others.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant list Jacque! I have enjoyed quite a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love Cress and the Crown, they are both really fun additions to those series! I also liked INvaded a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I really want to start the Lunar Chronicles this summer. Our list is here if you want to check it out - http://twobookthieves.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/top-ten-beach-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Raven King was amazing! Hope you enjoy it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/top-ten-tuesday-59/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last Seen Leaving is a book I wanted to get at BEA that I didn't end up getting (not complaining though bc I got SO MUCH).... also I must read The Raven King soon.... MUST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Raven King was so good and I love Bloodlines!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I applaud all of these! I'm hoping to read Summer Days, The Raven King, and Last Seen Leaving as well. The Crown was a good ending to the Selection series.

    ReplyDelete