Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: YA Characters I Would Love to Revisit as Adults

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top 10 YA Characters I Would Love to Revisit as Adults

Dash & Lily from Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

This was such a cute story.  I was really excited to see there is a sequel being released this October titled The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily.  Hopefully I can make it to BEA in time to pick up a copy.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1) The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily

Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss
Who wouldn't want more of Anna and Etienne?

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)

Noah Shaw and Mara Dyer from the Mara Dyer series
I'm dying to get my hands on first book in The Shaw Confessions series. There wasn't anywhere near enough of Noah in the final book in this series.

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)

Tana and Gavriel from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
This book ended with so much potential.  I felt like a short story or novella was a no brainer, but it has yet to happen.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

Layken and Will from the Slammed Series
Layken & Will had a really tough couple of years.  It would be nice to see how they are doing a little further into the future once everything has settled down.

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)

Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy Series
Adrian is my favorite character from this series.  I still need to read the Bloodlines series, so perhaps that will give me a greater sense of closure for him.

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

All of our favorite characters from the Harry Potter Series
I guess I have been living in a bubble because I wasn't aware of the upcoming release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child until about a month ago.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
This book could definitely use a short story to let readers see how things eventually play out.

Eleanor & Park

Max Vandenburg & Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief
There was an epilogue, which provided some vague information about Liesel's life after the war.  I wish the author would have been more specific or would write a short story about how life unfolded for Max after the close of this novel.

The Book Thief

Alexi and Bodee from Faking Normal
Alexi and Bodee helped each other cope through unimaginable events.  I would love to see how they are doing as adults.

Faking Normal

6 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I'm glad to see its characters made your list! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fun to see what happened to Dash & Lily. Although if Lily didn't mature a little bit (or a lot) I don't think I want to actually read about her LOL. And I'm slightly scared to see what happens w/ Mara and Noah. With the way the series ended, I can't think it's anything good :( Great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure Mara and Noah must eventually figure things out and can move on to happier times. At least that is what I would hope for them...

      Delete
  3. I would love to see how Eleanor & Park's relationship progressed through time. Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to Eleanor & Park! That ending wasn’t enough for me.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had Liesel on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/

    ReplyDelete