Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Replica by Lauren Oliver


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Replica by Lauren Oliver
Release Date: October 4, 2016

I've enjoyed all of Lauren Oliver's books that I have read so far.  She will be signing this book at BEA, so I added it to my TBR list and hope to pick up a copy next week.

Goodreads Overview:

ReplicaGemma has been in and out of hospitals since she was born. 'A sickly child', her lonely life to date has revolved around her home, school and one best friend, Alice. But when she discovers her father's connection to the top secret Haven research facility, currently hitting the headlines and under siege by religious fanatics, Gemma decides to leave the sanctuary she's always known to find the institute and determine what is going on there and why her father's name seems inextricably linked to it.

Amidst the frenzy outside the institute's walls, Lyra - or number 24 as she is known as at Haven - and a fellow experimental subject known only as 72, manage to escape. Encountering a world they never knew existed outside the walls of their secluded upbringing , they meet Gemma and, as they try to understand Haven's purpose together, they uncover some earth-shattering secrets that will change the lives of both girls forever...
 

13 comments:

  1. Yes! Very excited for this one since I first heard about it. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been noticing this author for a few years, so I really should read her one day! This one looks like a good place to start. Thanks for sharing....and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O This sounds amazing! My favorite kind of book. I love secret facilities and secret tests and the like. And its by Lauren Oliver! Ill have to add this one to my list. Thanks for sharing and coming by my blog. :)

    Books In Bloom • http://goo.gl/mn4pKq

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I like about this book is that you can read both perspectives just by flipping the book over. However, I am sort of sketchy on how close it feels to the Delirium series. I have no doubt she's a great author but the premise itself doesn't really feel "new" to me. Guess we will just have to wait and see though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Haven research facility sounds rather interesting. I'll add this one to my TBR!

    New follower!

    Melissa @ LilyElement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just followed you as well :)

      Delete
  6. Hmmm.... Sounds rather interesting! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!
    Happy Reading! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  7. These books are new to me but I like the idea of both perspectives by flipping over the book.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward t reading this one. Already on my TBR list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really cool! I love Lauren Oliver and I love books with flipped perspectives.
    Have fun at BEA - hope you can get a copy!

    My WoW post:
    http://bookandcat.blogspot.com/2016/05/waiting-on-wednesday-j-k-rowling-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick Jacque, I know you love this author!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I didn't know Lauren Oliver had a new book! I do love her books. Hope you enjoy this! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete