Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside the US

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.


Top Ten Books That I Have Read Set Outside the US

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
This is pretty obvious, but it is set in Paris

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
This book is hilarious and takes place in London

I've Got Your Number

The Harry Potter Series
Takes place in London and at Hogwarts

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Takes place in Germany during WWII

The Book Thief

Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
The setting is a remote island off the coast of Wales

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The series takes place in Sweden

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)

Die for Me by Amy Plum
The majority of the series is set in Paris

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The book is set in New Beijing

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

Something Blue by Emily Giffin
The book takes place in London

Something Blue (Darcy & Rachel, #2)

Finding It by Cora Carmack
Kelsey travels all over Europe

Finding It (Losing It, #3)

9 comments:

  1. There really are a number of excellent books from Sweden! I've read all the Stieg Larsons as well as the last one in the millennium series. And Miss Peregrine! Love it. Here's my TTT: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/ten-books-set-in-south-africa.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the second book in the Dragon Tattoo series a few months ago and already have a copy of the Hornet's Nest. It is a great series.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic list! I also included Anna and the French Kiss- definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die for Me was really good.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that-take.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing Anna on everyone's list today! Love the inclusion of I've Got Your Number

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I forgot to add Miss Peregrine to my list! Great picks! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, I CAN'T believe I forgot to add Harry Potter!! I was gonna add Cinder to my list as well, but was unsure whether it counted as China or not, but I'm glad someone else was thinking the same thing as me. awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing Anna and the French Kiss everywhere this week. I'll have to add it to my TBR pile. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete