Thursday, November 3, 2016

Creativity Corner: Halloween 2016


My 11 year-old son, Preston, is very crafty and enjoys all forms of art.  I decided to start this Creativity Corner feature as a way for us to look back on our projects while sharing ideas with others.

Last March we stayed at the Artist's House in Key West, which was the home of Robert the Doll.  The doll is believed to be haunted and was the basis for Chucky in the famous horror movies.  My son isn't old enough to watch the movies, but he was fascinated by the story.  We actually stayed in a two bedroom suite, which included the turret where Robert slept.  

Below is a picture of the Artist's House and Robert the Doll from our vacation.  FYI - You aren't supposed to take pictures of Robert without asking his permission first or you will be cursed.  We did ask for permission and hopefully it was granted :)    



You can read about the Legend of the Real Life Chucky at the attached link.

To cap off this haunted experience, we were at the Halloween store looking for costumes and came across a Chucky mask.  My son thought it would be fun to dress up as Chucky.  It was a done deal when he saw the pretend knife with moving "blood" in it to accessorize the costume.  

I actually lucked out because we already had overalls from his minion costume last year and Chucky just wears a striped shirt underneath.  My husband then suggested that I should be the "Bride of Chucky" from the fourth movie in the series.  When I googled it I decided that would be easy enough.  I already had everything I needed with the exception of the wig, which was $10 on Amazon.

Here are the pictures of us from Trick or Treat.



We even made a Chucky themed pumpkin this year:



No comments:

Post a Comment