Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Have Met


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top Ten Authors I have Met

This is actually a difficult topic since I have met far more than ten authors and genuinely do not want to exclude anyone.  I'm not going to list authors simply because they have #1 books, or their books have become movies, or they are at the top of every favorite author list.  I'm going to select authors that I felt genuinely showed an interest in their readers.  These individuals actively engaged with their readers, put on a great presentation/book discussion, participated in speed dating sessions, etc.  

Stacey Kade
Stacey is the author of The Ghost and the Goth and Project Paper Doll series.  She also has a few stand alone novels that I really enjoyed.  I have had the opportunity to meet her on a few occasions and she is ALWAYS super sweet.  She will engage with readers on twitter and Facebook and was highly entertaining at the RT author events.


Tammara Webber
She is the author of Easy, which is part of the Contours of the Heart series, as well as the Between the Lines series. I met her at RT and of course I had to ask her how she selected Jacqueline for her main character's name since it is spelled the same as mine.  She answered several questions about the book and I have since participated in blog tours to help promote her books.


Stephanie Perkins
Author of Anna and the French Kiss

Image may contain: 2 people, indoor

Jeri Smith-Ready
Author of the Shade and WVMP Radio series.  She used to spend an insane amount of time entertaining fans by tweeting as the main characters from Shade. I always enjoyed following the conversations.  She also took the time to sit with us while we were having dinner at a conference and indulged our fangirling.

Image may contain: 4 people, indoor

Amy Plum and Josephine Angelini
The book nerds loved Amy's Die For Me series as well as Josie's Starcrossed series.  Amy lives in Paris and was even kind enough to give me a recommendation for somewhere to stay.  It just so happened to be across the street from the building she based Jules's art studio after.

Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Ally Carter
Author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series.

Image may contain: 2 people

David Levithan
He was a busy bee at BEA this past year.  He had his own book signing and assisted with Maggie Stiefvater's signing.  He could be found mingling in the Scholastic area and speaking on several panels.  He was very engaging and entertaining.


David Baldacci
He came to speak at the grand reopening of the main branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library.  He was an excellent speaker and highly entertaining.  He signed books after the presentation and was even kind enough to sign my son's copy of Flush, which was written by a good friend of David's.  He couldn't wait to tell Carl Hiaasen he got to sign one of his book. He also told Preston he would sign any book if it encouraged children to read. (I did take my copy of King and Maxwell, which is the latest book in David's series, so we didn't look completely crazy).

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Caleb Roehrig
Caleb is the author of Last Seen Leaving.  Mary and I were fortunate enough to meet him at  the Fierce Reads blogger event at BEA last year.  I had never heard of him until this event, but he was definitely the life of the party.  Here he is in the little hat from the photo booth, which became his signature for the weekend.  He even took it to his signing.  After this event I bumped his book up to the top of my TBR list and I'm definitely glad that I did.  I gave it a solid 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the conventions! That's one thing I need to do better on is going to some of them lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to meet Tammara Webber. I've loved her books and they've meant so much to me. And she seems so very genuine.

    ReplyDelete