Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Have Read In A Weekend


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top Ten Books I have Read In A Weekend

This week's topic was supposed to include books completed in a day or even one sitting.  That isn't realistic for me since I work full time and I have a very active son.  I usually finish a book a week, so any books completed in two days or less is a feat for me.

Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
I read most of this book on a lengthy travel day to Hawaii and finished it the next morning. I loved the story and plan on reading Breathe, Annie, Breathe in the very near future.

Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)

Until Midnight
This is a 112 page novella (book 1.5 in the Alienated Series) which I finished in a day.

Until Midnight (Alienated, #1.5)

Die Once More by Amy Plum
This is a 100 page novella (3.5 in the Revenants Series).

Die Once More (Revenants, #3.5)

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
A full length novel that I read over a holiday weekend home alone.

The Art of Racing in the Rain

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
A 227 page novel that you simply can't put down once you start.

We Were Liars

Keeping Her  by Cora Carmack
176 page Novella (1.5 in the Losing It Series)

Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5)

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
I was in a bit of shock when a character left and needed to see how this one finished.

New Moon (Twilight, #2)

Because of Anya
My son's teacher read this to the class, but he was in the hospital.  It is only 114 pages so we read it together.

Because of Anya

The Guard by Kiera Cass
A 64 page novella (2.5 in the Selection Series)

The Guard (The Selection, #2.5)

The Prince by Kiera Cass
A 64 page novella (0.5 in the Selection Series)

The Prince (The Selection, #0.5)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Disappear Into Reading. There are some I've heard of before and others I haven't. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy reading novellas, much more than I used to! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Art of Racing in the Rain was such a great read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Art of Racing in the Rain is one of my favorite novels ever written!! I loved it and it had me crying in parts. I actually was able to met the author, Garth Stein, at an author signing event a couple of years ago, which was a dream come true for me.

    Here's a link to my TTT post: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-ten-tuesday-list-of-books-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Art of Racing in the Rain. It was a very emotional read. Thank you for sharing it and the others on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Were Liars was hard to stop reading. I kind of thought I knew what was going on, but I had to find out for sure!! I can't wait to read E. Lockhart's new book coming out this fall. I've read and loved all her books so far!! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete