Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Spring TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List

I'm currently working on clearing out my TBR shelf as part of a challenge, so most of my spring reads are older books.  I will be checking out all of the lists this week for some great new releases as well since I will need to start tackling the New Release Challenge in the near future.

The Death Cure by James Dashner
This is Book 3 in the Maze Runner Series

The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3)

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
Book 5 in the Gallagher Girls Series

Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)

Lust For Life by Jeri Smith-Ready
Book 4 in the WVMP Radio Series.

Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)

Bitter Pill by Stacey Kade
This is the only book of Stacey's I haven't read yet.

Bitter Pill

Breathe, Anne, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
I read Jesse's Girl a while back and really enjoyed it.  I added several more of her books to my TBR list, but I have a long way to go to catch up.

Breathe, Annie, Breathe

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
I finished the Vampire Academy series a little over a year ago.  Adrian was by far my favorite character, so I can't wait to read this series.

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I picked up a copy of Pushing the Limits at a convention a while back.   I have yet to read one of Katie's books, but I have several on my TBR list, so I need to get moving.

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)

Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Book 2 in the Splintered Series

Unhinged (Splintered, #2)

Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout
I've met Jennifer several times and have signed copies of several of her books, yet I haven't read any of them.  I'm including this as part of my "new to me" challenge.  A new author and a new series.

Obsidian (Lux, #1)

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
This is another book for the new to me challenge.  A new author and a new series.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

15 comments:

  1. Lovely list, Jacque! I absolutely LOVE Jennifer L. Armentrout's books, and her Lux series is probably my favorite of hers. Throne of Glass is also a favorite of mine-- I hope you enjoy the two when you get to them!! <3
    Thanks for stopping by NGC. ^-^
    xx a || not gary cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Obsidian more than I thought I would - I liked that the main character is a book blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea there was a blogger in the story. That will definitely add some added interest. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. It's always good to have a sort out! :-) I try to read a range of older and newer releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice being able to binge read older books/series without having to wait a year between each installment, but I do try to keep up on newer books as well. It is very difficult to balance the two.

      Delete
  4. I love seeing older books on people's lists!! I'm always reading backlist books and sometimes feel like a lone wolf. Anyhow, I love Stacey Kade and HAVEN'T read Bitter Pill yet!! How did that one slip by me?? I'm usually so good at stalking my fave authors older books! And Pushing the Limits was the only Katie McGarry book I've liked so far (and I really really liked it). Hope you get to read most of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Pushing the Limits. I should post my review of Bitter Pill by the beginning of April. I'm planning on taking it on spring break.

      Delete
  5. I'd love to (someday) read Sarah's and Ally's series. Really enjoy book one in Ally's new series but I've yet to read anything by the popular Sarah J. Maas. Hope you enjoy these, Jacque - happy spring TBR-ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek! So many awesome books on your list! Some of them make me want to grab them and start doing a bunch of rereads. :) Breathe, Annie, Breathe was a good one - the first I read from Kenneally and I definitely want to read more. Pushing the Limits - loved it. I adore Katie McGarry and PTL was the first I ever read from her. Noah and Echo are wonderful characters. And seeing Obsidian almost made me squeal out loud. LOL I looove Jennifer Armentrout (one of my favorite authors) and the Lux series is one of my favorite series ever. My love of Daemon Black is bordering on unhinged. LOL Enjoy all these great books!

    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of these. Hopefully I will have the same enthusiasm about these characters and books after this spring. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Of this list I've read Throne of Glass and The Death Cure. I hope you enjoy The Death Cure more than I did (I never liked any of the books as much as the first). As for Throne of Glass I can tell you it improves with every book! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree that The Scorch Trials wasn't nearly as good as The Maze Runner. I was hoping this book would get the series back on track. Maybe not...
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I read Throne of Glass a couple of years back, but never picked up the other books. I have such a hard time keeping up with series. Hope you love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoy Throne of Glass :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/top-ten-tuesday-98/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! I'm also excited about reading Throne of Glass!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete