Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Unique Books I Have Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top Ten Most Unique Books I Have Read

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
The story is told from the dog's POV.

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
Children chosen at random to fight to the death isn't something you read every day.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

The Night Circus
There was just something magical about how the characters created their own world.

The Night Circus

Easy by Tammara Webber
This book deals with a difficult subject in a way you don't usually see.

Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
This book takes a different approach at discussing domestic violence.

It Ends with Us

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The majority of the book is told from the POV of a character in a coma.

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
This book involves a set of triplet girls born every generation with magical powers.  They must fight each other to the death to take over the throne.

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)

The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
I can't think of another series that builds a world inside a skyscraper and establishes class based upon how high up you are in the tower.

The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1)

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Everyone should be familiar with the magical world of Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
I loved how he tied all of the old pictures into the storyline.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)

17 comments:

  1. The Night Circus is one of my favorite books - I just love the descriptions of the rooms the magicians created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Night Circus would make a great movie because of the detailed descriptions and beautiful sets.

      Delete
  2. Nice point of view. I hadn't thought to look at those books as such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Art of Racing In The Rain is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I've read on your list is The Hunger Games, ha. I do own Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children though. And I've seen the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to watch the movie. I actually forgot about that until you mentioned it. Thanks for stopping :)

      Delete
  5. It Ends With Us was soooo unique. As much as I wanted to have her give in, you know that what she did was right, and is what should be done. I also loved the Hunger Games and Three Dark Crowns, If I Stay, Harry Potter and Miss Peregrine. I tried reading The Thousandth Floor, but couldn't get into it unfortunately. Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely made the right decision. Atlas was my favorite from the beginning.

      Delete
  6. The Art of Racing in the Rain made my TTT post this week too.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/04/top-ten-tuesday-my-top-seven-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still need to read Three Dark Crowns and Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children >.< They're just waiting for me on my book shelf at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three Dark Crowns starts out slow, but ends with a bang. I think the next book has a ton of potential.

      Delete
  8. I've read and loved so many of these! The Night Circus is so unique. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. Wasn't so keen on The Night Circus.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/top-ten-tuesday-102/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree with Hunger Games, incredibly exciting premise, and I think that was the series that made dystopia HUGE.

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great picks, Jacque! Hunger Games, for sure. I think so many people have read the books and seen the movies that we've forgotten what a truly crazy concept it was, and how shocking it was, when it first came out years ago. HP is a good. So different from the usual children's books. I mean, how often do you see adults inhaling kids books? :) And I so agree with Easy and It Ends With Us. Both took on difficult subject matter and handled them in unique ways.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the old photos were incorporated into Miss Peregrine's. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete