Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  You can also check out Can't-Wait Wednesday hosted by Wishful Endings.

One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
Release Date: September 19, 2017

I received an ARC of Three Dark Crowns at BEA last year.  I found the first half of the story to be a little slow, but the last half really took off.  The ending left readers with a major plot twist that I never saw coming.  Now I can't wait to see how the battle for the throne will play out.  

One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)Goodreads Overview: 

The battle for the Crown has begun, but which of the three sisters will prevail?

With the unforgettable events of the Quickening behind them and the Ascension Year underway, all bets are off. Katharine, once the weak and feeble sister, is stronger than ever before. Arsinoe, after discovering the truth about her powers, must figure out how to make her secret talent work in her favor without anyone finding out. And Mirabella, once thought to be the strongest sister of all and the certain Queen Crowned, faces attacks like never before—ones that put those around her in danger she can’t seem to prevent.

In this enthralling sequel to Kendare Blake’s New York Times bestselling Three Dark Crowns, Fennbirn’s deadliest queens must face the one thing standing in their way of the crown: each other.


7 comments:

  1. I still need to read Three Dark Crowns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first one and still need to read it, but I'm hoping to love it and read this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second time I've seen this one and even though I still need to read the first book, I'm hoping to read this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This one sounds really interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about a third of the way through the first book at the moment and rather enjoying it! I hope this one lives up to the hype its been seeming to gather. Great pick!

    My CWW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/04/cant-wait-wednesday-language-of-thorns.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the first one myself! I ended up with two ARCs of it last year, and I'm hoping to at least get one ARC of this one! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post earlier this week on Lisa Loves Literature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the first book in the series yet, but I do own it, and it is definitely on my TBR. Hope you love this one!

    ReplyDelete