Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I've Read in 2017


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday they post a new Top Ten List on something bookish.  Click on the link above if you wish to participate.

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2017

I've spend the better part of 2017 finishing series and reading older books that have been sitting on my shelves for WAY too long.  In fact, I haven't read a single new release yet this year, but hopefully I will get to some soon.


Where She Went by Gayle Forman

The sequel to If I Stay

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)

Matched by Ally Condie
Book 1 in the series

Matched (Matched, #1)

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Book 1 in the series

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Book 4 in the Raven Cycle Series

The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)

Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Book 2 in the Splintered Series.  I'm currently reading Ensnared, which is the final book in this series.

Unhinged (Splintered, #2)

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Book 1 in the Bloodlines Series

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
Book 5 in the Gallagher Girls Series

Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)

Evertrue by Brodi Ashton
Book 3 in the Everneath Series

Evertrue (Everneath, #3)

Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout
Book 1 in the Lux Series

Obsidian (Lux, #1)

Lust for Life by Jeri Smith-Ready 
Book 4 in the WVMP Radio Series

Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)

20 comments:

  1. Yes finally someone else who loved Matched! I really loved that book and the rest of the series! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Raven King last year and loved it! I still have Three Dark Crowns to read, so I'm glad to see you enjoyed it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-113/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read all the three books of Matched? I kinda liked the first but overall I didn't look the trilogy. And you liked Bloodlines! I really liked that series, definitely more than Vampire Academy.

    I've been meaning to read Three Dark Crowns and Obsidian but I haven't gotten to them yet. I should soon!

    (This is Iridescence from light up the shining night stars :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read Matched so far, but I have the rest of the series on my TBR list. I liked the Vampire Academy series, but my favorite character was Adrian, so I am really enjoying this series since he has a larger part.

      Delete
  4. Three Dark Crowns was so good. I can't WAIT for the next one. Want to see where that story goes. :)

    I did read Matched, and I didn't realize If I Stay had a sequel I guess. nice list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where She Went is told from Adam's POV and takes place about three years after If I Stay. I think it may have even been better than the first, which I gave 5 stars as well.

      Delete
  5. Three books on your list are on my TBR, haha. This gives me an extra motivation to read them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've read some amazing books this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesssss to Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic list! I loved Where She Went, Evertrue, and Matched. All great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I loved Obsidian! I need to read the rest of that series soon!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your choices! In some I finished the series in others I need to start the books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you haven't touched a new release this year and are instead focusing on all the backlist titles! That's what I tend to do, too (with a few exceptions). I loved Where She Went. Getting Adam's POV was priceless. And Obsidian... sigh. The Lux series is my favorite paranormal series ever. I have such a love for Daemon Black. Ultimate book boyfriend. LOL Great list, Jacque!
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed so many of these and am thrilled to see them on your list. Where She Went, Bloodlines, The Raven King, and Obsidian for sure. Have a few of the others on my TBR waiting to be checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. I have Three Dark Crowns on my TBR this year, really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where She Went! I love Adam so! I'm super bummed they didn't decide to continue with the movies and make this one too since it's even better than If I Stay. The Bloodlines series is really good too! I binge read them all together and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember when I read Where She Went! I loved it soooo much! I cried buckets at the end, it was so so so good! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still need to read Where She Went (I liked If I Stay a great deal MORE than I thought), and Ally's series. Also, Three Dark Crowns sounds really interesting. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete