Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Because You Love to Hate Me



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  You can also check out Can't-Wait Wednesday hosted by Wishful Endings.

Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy
Release Date: July 11, 2017

I enjoyed My True Love Gave to Me, which also included a bunch of short stories from YA authors.  Instead of Holiday stories they are using fairy tales as the theme.  

Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of VillainyGoodreads Overview:

In this unique YA anthology, thirteen acclaimed, bestselling authors team up with thirteen influential BookTubers to reimagine fairy tales from the oft-misunderstood villains' points of view.

These fractured, unconventional spins on classics like "Medusa," Sherlock Holmes, and "Jack and the Beanstalk" provide a behind-the-curtain look at villains' acts of vengeance, defiance, and rage--and the pain, heartbreak, and sorrow that spurned them on. No fairy tale will ever seem quite the same again!

Featuring writing from . . .

Authors: Renée Ahdieh, Ameriie, Soman Chainani, Susan Dennard, Sarah Enni, Marissa Meyer, Cindy Pon, Victoria Schwab, Samantha Shannon, Adam Silvera, Andrew Smith, April Genevieve Tucholke, and Nicola Yoon

BookTubers: Benjamin Alderson (Benjaminoftomes), Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia), Whitney Atkinson (WhittyNovels), Tina Burke (ChristinaReadsYA blog and TheLushables), Catriona Feeney (LittleBookOwl), Jesse George (JessetheReader), Zoë Herdt (readbyzoe), Samantha Lane (Thoughts on Tomes), Sophia Lee (thebookbasement), Raeleen Lemay (padfootandprongs07), Regan Perusse (PeruseProject), Christine Riccio (polandbananasBOOKS), and Steph Sinclair & Kat Kennedy (Cuddlebuggery blog and channel).


13 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one, too! I love twists on fairy tales and telling the story from the villain's side is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Villains *squee* I can't wait for this one. I love these anthologies and this topic is a fun one!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm both really excited for this and really nervous for some reason, but I love the idea of an anthology for villains. Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh a villains anthology? How fun. And what a cover. Nice line up of authors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds interesting, hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early buzz is good for this one. I wish we had been able to get a copy at BookCon, but I spent most of my time at the panels. Great pick!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing this one around the blog world lately. It looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! This was my WOW this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this on a few blogs this week. Great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, I haven't heard of this yet but it seems right up my alley, thanks for highlighting it this week! Can't wait for a review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love fairy tale retellings, and this one has some good authors in it! Thanks for sharing. Need to make sure I have it on my Goodreads TBR. Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO WITH YOU! I cannot wait for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite being a hero girl and not someone who roots for villains, I am curious about this one - I mean, that list of authors alone is epic! Plus I enjoyed the Christmas anthology collection, so this one could be interesting. :)

    Thanks for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete