Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Finding Felicity by Stacey Kade



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  You can also check out Can't-Wait Wednesday hosted by Wishful Endings.

Finding Felicity by Stacey Kade
Release Date: March 20, 2018

I never watched the TV show Felicity, but now I am curious.  It looks like there were four seasons and the series began in the fall of 1998.  That was just after I graduated from college and I was working a million hours a week, so it doesn't surprise me that I never watched it.  All four seasons are available on Amazon Prime, so I just added it to my watchlist to start preparing for the release of this book.  

Finding Felicity
Goodreads Overview:

Caroline Sands has never been particularly good at making friends. And her parents’ divorce and the move to Arizona three years ago didn’t help. Being the new girl is hard enough without being socially awkward too. So out of desperation and a desire to please her worried mother, Caroline invented a whole life for herself—using characters from Felicity, an old show she discovered online and fell in love with.

But now it’s time for Caroline to go off to college and she wants nothing more than to leave her old “life” behind and build something real. However, when her mother discovers the truth about her manufactured friends, she gives Caroline an ultimatum: Prove in this first semester that she can make friends of the nonfictional variety and thrive in a new environment. Otherwise, it’s back to living at home—and a lot of therapy.

Armed with nothing more than her resolve and a Felicity-inspired plan, Caroline accepts the challenge. But she soon realizes that the real world is rarely as simple as television makes it out to be. And to find a place where she truly belongs, Caroline may have to abandon her script and take the risk of being herself.

3 comments:

  1. This one is new to me, I hope you wind up loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...this book is new to me, but it sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete