Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.  You can also check out Can't-Wait Wednesday hosted by Wishful Endings.

What To Say Next By Julie Buxbaum
Release Date: July 11, 2017

I have been seeing this book a lot lately and added it to my TBR list a couple of weeks ago.  I thought the cover was cute and summery, but it sounds like the topic is anything but.  I'm interested in seeing how this "unlikely friendship" develops.   

What to Say NextGoodreads Overview:

Sometimes a new perspective is all that is needed to make sense of the world.

KIT: I don’t know why I decide not to sit with Annie and Violet at lunch. It feels like no one here gets what I’m going through. How could they? I don’t even understand.

DAVID: In the 622 days I’ve attended Mapleview High, Kit Lowell is the first person to sit at my lunch table. I mean, I’ve never once sat with someone until now. “So your dad is dead,” I say to Kit, because this is a fact I’ve recently learned about her. 

When an unlikely friendship is sparked between relatively popular Kit Lowell and socially isolated David Drucker, everyone is surprised, most of all Kit and David. Kit appreciates David’s blunt honesty—in fact, she finds it bizarrely refreshing. David welcomes Kit’s attention and her inquisitive nature. When she asks for his help figuring out the how and why of her dad’s tragic car accident, David is all in. But neither of them can predict what they’ll find. Can their friendship survive the truth?

8 comments:

  1. I am also curious about this book! Great WoW pick :) Happy reading!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard great things about this author but I'm not familiar with her myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big contemporary fan, but I love that cover! Hope you get this one soon!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty curious about this one, I love the bright summery cover and the unlikely friendship (and the answers they're looking for) sound interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I just featured this one last week! I can't wait for this book too!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read the contemporary genre but a few blogging friends are waiting for this one too. Hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. After loving Tell Me Three Things last year I'm excited for her next book!
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete