Monday, September 30, 2013

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter


Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is the second book in the Gallagher Girls series.  We learned in the first book that the Gallagher Academy is an exclusive all girls school for spies.  The main character, Cammie, had to break up with her boyfriend, Josh, because he was a "normal" boy.  He would have posed a security risk to her and her school, so Cammie had no choice in the matter.

I'm not sure why the Gallagher Girls never considered the fact that there may be a boys school similar to theirs, but they soon discover its existence when 15 of its students arrive at their school.  The boys spend the semester taking classes at the Gallagher Academy as part of an exchange program.  The board thought that it would benefit both the boys and girls if they could learn to communicate and work together.

This is when we meet Zach.  He is cute, charming, and definitely up to something.  When a security breach takes place at the Gallagher Academy, Cammie and her friends take it upon themselves to complete a thorough investigation.  Of course, their first suspects are the new arrivals...aka...the boys.

This is a very fast read and an absolutely adorable story.  While I enjoyed I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, I felt this book was far better than the first.  I loved Zach and I hope that he will have a substantial part in the rest of this series.  It was nice having a male counterpart who could work with and relate to Cammie.  She did not have to sneak around and could simply be herself.

The book came together nicely in the end and did not leave me hanging, which is always a nice feeling.  The only problem, it didn't really provide any clues as to what may happen next.  Hopefully I will be able to get to the next book in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment