Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review: Snakeroot by Andrea Cremer



Snakeroot is the first book in a new series, but it picks up where Andrea's Nightshade trilogy left off.  I would definitely recommend reading Nightshade, Wolfsbane, and Bloodrose before reading this book.  If you don't, you will be missing out on A LOT of background information.

*This review contains SPOILERS for those who haven't read Bloodrose.  I do NOT give any spoilers from Snakeroot*

Bosque Mar has been banished to the Nether and the Keepers have lost their power.  Logan Bane realizes he made a terrible mistake in siding with the Searchers and is trying to bring back Bosque.  We are introduced to a set of twins (Chase and Audrey) who are Keepers about Logan's age.  The three Keepers begin working together to uncover their history in an effort to restore their magical powers.

While the searchers should be rejoicing after their long awaited and hard fought victory, they are plagued with a new set of problems.  There is a power struggle amongst the newly combined groups.  They also can not agree on how to handle the risk Logan and the remaining Keepers present.

There is one character that I was VERY surprised to see in Snakeroot after everything that transpired in Bloodrose.  I do not want to give away any Snakeroot spoilers, but I know A LOT of people who will be ecstatic that he is still part of the series.

Overall, I felt this was an excellent start to the new series.  I'm not sure why, but I actually like Logan.  I felt sorry for him and was rooting for him at times...even though I know his actions could bring evil back into the world.  In typical Andrea Cremer fashion, there are a lot of unanswered questions that will keep you longing for the release of the next book in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment