Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass


This is the second book in the Selection series.  I absolutely LOVED The Selection, but this book was a roller coaster for me.  There were times when I wanted to throw it across the room.  Of course...I couldn't do that because it is an autographed copy and I love Kiera Cass.


My frustration has to do with America.  At times I felt like she was irrational.  She is indecisive and often reacts without thinking about the consequences.  She also bottles up all of her thoughts and feelings and holds Maxon accountable for things beyond his control.

This love triangle should have ended a LONG time ago, but she is still confused about her feelings.  She sneaks around the palace for brief encounters alone with Aspen, yet she still gets butterflies whenever she has intimate moments with Maxon.  She is jealous when Maxon spends time with the other women in the selection, but she is the one who keeps pushing him away and asking for more time.


I felt sorry for Maxon the majority of the book.  He seems to have only the best of intentions, but America treats him very poorly most of the time.  I still hope they will reach their happily ever after in The One, but it will take a lot of hard work from America to earn back Prince Maxon's and my love and trust.



 

2 comments:

  1. This is one love triangle that I love! At this point in the series I trust America (and Cass) to pick correctly in the end. In my eyes there is not a wrong choice. That being said I am still totally team Maxon. First off he is a prince and secondly he is just a good guy. I will say there was one scene in particular between him another member of the Elite that upset me though. Oh Maxon why can't you be real!
    Discounted Microsoft Software Download, from TrustPrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading The One. I'm dying to see how this series ends. I can see why someone would like both Aspen and Maxon, but I don't think it is fair to either of them how America has been stringing them both along.

    I hope you enjoy the final book. I'm only 50 pages in, but I like it so far!!

    ReplyDelete