Monday, June 9, 2014

Movie Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade


I was nervous about seeing this movie in the theater because the trailer looked like Mean Girls. While I'm only three books into the VA series so far... I didn't think the movie would do the books justice, so I waited until it came out on DVD.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the movie.  I think they did an amazing job on the casting.  Dimitri was dead on and Rose, Lissa, and Christian were very close to what I had envisioned as well.
 
Here is a picture of Danila Kozlovsky and Zoey Deutch as Rose and Dimiti.
 
 
Here is a picture of Lucy Fry and Dominic Sherwood as Lissa and Christian.
 

 
The only part that I really thought was cheesy was at the beginning when they were defining Dhampirs, Moroi, and Strigoi.  Rather than bringing up the terms in conversation the titles flashed across the screen with one of the characters basically giving a definition.  They also had an exaggerated scene where Lissa was feeding on Rose when they were still out on their own that I thought was a little over the top.  The rest of the movie was how I would have expected everything to flow based upon the books.
 
If you are a fan of the Vampire Academy series it is definitely worth the time to watch the movie.  I really hope they make the second book, Frost Bite, into a movie so we get the chance to see Adrian Ivashkov's character on the big screen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment