Monday, July 21, 2014

Music Monday: Toad the Wet Sprocket and Counting Crows Columbus, OH


Last Tuesday, July 15th, I attended the Toad the Wet Sprocket and Counting Crows concert at the LC Pavilion in Columbus, OH.  I'm a Toad fan, so I didn't stay long once their set was over.  I recognized the first CC song, but the rest were completely new to me.  Many of the songs were from a new album that was released at the beginning of the month, but to be honest, I only had one of their albums and haven't listed to it since college.

Here is Dean's crowd picture of the night.  



Toad was AWESOME as usual, but I wish they could have played longer.  I went to a show last November when it was just them and an opening act.  They performed for over two hours that night and their setlist included all of their old hits and many of the songs on their new album.  At this week's show, they played a good mix of both their old and new music, but they only played for about an hour.  I understand why since there were two headlining bands, but it was still sad to see them leave so early.

Here are a few of my pictures from the Columbus show.

Glen Phillips
Dean Dinning
Randy Guss
I desperately wanted to meet Glen after the Cincinnati show last November, but it was already 11:00 P.M.  My brother and sister-in-law were kind enough to watch my son for us on a work night, so we really couldn't stay any later.

I was NOT going to let that opportunity pass again, so here I am with Glen! 


Now I need to figure out how I can talk my husband into going to another show that is just Toad.  For the most part they are all on the west coast, but I may be in luck.  His best friend lives in San Diego and he has been trying to talk me into visiting for years.  Now that my son is old enough to enjoy Sea World, Disney, etc. and can travel without incident, this could be the perfect time.  

Preston is also a Toad fan.  (Yes, he has been brainwashed with all of his Mom's favorite music).  He can sing along with just about every song including the new album.  He was very disappointed that he was out of town the night of this show or I definitely would have taken him.

I can see a trip to California in my future, so I felt it was appropriate to end this post with an acoustic version of California Wasted.  This is one of the songs on their latest album New Constellation.



No comments:

Post a Comment