Monday, August 25, 2014

Marathon Monday: Emerald City Quarter Marathon


On Sunday August 24th I ran the Emerald City Quarter Marathon.  This was my first race longer than a 4 miler, so I wasn't sure what sort of pace I would be able to maintain.  For most of my longer training runs I have been running just under 10 minute miles.  My goal was to finish in 1 hour, so I started with the 9:10 min mile pacer.  After about a mile that felt too easy, so I picked up the pace.

I ended up finishing in 58:04 and had an average pace of 8:52.  I was 23rd out of 217 females in my age group and was the 85th female overall out of 1,135.

Here is a picture of the start/finish:


The start of the race: (I'm in the black skirt and blue t-shirt in the middle)



The fire department ran a relay in their full gear.  They had two people waiting at every mile marker to take over.  


Approaching the finish line:


The post race celebration:







2 comments: