Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Queen of the Kitchen: Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli & Rice


I have been reading rave reviews of the Instant Pot (IP) for quite a while.  Last week I finally broke down and ordered the Instant Pot Ultra from Amazon and it arrived on Friday.

After taking it out of the box and performing the mandatory water test, I was ready for my first recipe.  I had some chicken in the fridge and found this Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Recipe on I Don't Have Time For That's site. (You can click on the link for the recipe and step by step instructions and pictures).

The recipe was VERY easy to follow and I had a delicious meal on the table in about 10 minutes with minimal effort or mess in my kitchen.  The most time consuming part of this recipe was cutting the chicken into cubes, which only took a few minutes.

The only other food prep was chopping some broccoli.  I used my Pampered Chef food chopper, so that was also a breeze.

During the five minutes the Instant Pot was cooking I was able to clean up the kitchen and I only had a couple of measuring cups and the IP to tend to once we were finished with dinner.

My husband and I gave it two thumbs up and I've already added it to my recipe collection for future use.






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I do need one. I keep talking myself out of it but I want it haha

    ReplyDelete