Monday, March 1, 2021

Review: The Spies that Bind by Ally Carter

 


Review:

I love the concept of audible and find the badges and different reading levels you can achieve to be quite motivating and addicting, but I can't justify the cost. I get all of my audiobooks using the Overdrive and Hoopla apps for free with my library card. Every now and then I will receive a 30 day free trial offer from audible and decide to take them up on it. 

This book doesn't require a credit, so I would definitely recommend listening to this short story if you are a Gallagher Girls fan or are interested in trying out the series. This is a prequel, so you will not spoil anything by listening to this book. In fact, it was nice to learn more about the history of the school and its founder, which I don't recall being revealed in any of the books in the series.  I also enjoyed seeing how Cammie found all of the secret passages that generations of Gallagher girls never discovered. In addition, we get to see Cammie's first impression of the Gallagher Academy and how she met her roommates. These ladies always seemed so smart and confident in the series, but they weren't always that way. They all questioned if they have what it takes to succeed in such a competitive environment.

The transition to a new school impacted more than just the students. Cammie's mom is returning to the Gallagher Academy for the first time since she graduated, but this time around she is the new head mistress. She is expected to lead and develop the next generation of Exceptional Young Women. Not everyone thought she was the best woman suited for the job and even she is questioning her decision. 

I really enjoyed having the opportunity to return to the Gallagher Academy. This is a very short story and will not take much of your time. In fact, I took my dog for a walk around the neighborhood and was able to listen to the entire thing.  I understand audible needs to have original and exclusive content to entice members, but I remember feeling disappointed when Ally first announced this book was an audible exclusive. I'm glad I finally had a chance to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment